We have an exciting and challenging financial position supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs within the Leidos Health Group. This position allows for a unique experience that blends traditional FP&A and program finance activities. In addition, this position has good visibility within the Health Group.
The Division Finance & Business Operations (F&BO) Manager role will be responsible for supporting reporting initiatives on our large $100M+ contract. In addition, the selected individual will take a lead role within the team managing various financial aspects of the portfolio. A strong ability to develop new financial processes, standards, and operational plans is required. The positon includes cost management activities spanning multiple types of expenses and contracts including T&M and FFP. In addition, the position will ensure timely business rhythms for the VA portfolio including month-end close, variance analysis, and ad hoc requests.
- Review project budgets, WBSs and other program baselines with Program Financial Analyst
- Analyze program performance including identification of trailing costs, misalignments in charging, and variance analysis activities
- Identify risks and opportunities against the program budget baseline, making specific recommendations, which will result in performance improvements and cost savings (e.g. make/buy analysis, etc.)
- Support Project Finance Controllers in development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EACs), working with the program team to develop to-go cost estimates (ETCs)
- Lead strategic initiatives to drive down or control costs on major programs
- Analyze and document areas within the financial organization which can be automated
- Track and reconcile backlog by utilizing and validating metrics such as awards, factoring, debooks and other adjustments
- Support the planning of Income statement financials.
- Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO
- Develop, prepare and present financial materials to operational and financial leadership, incorporating key business insight and recommendations to achieve current and future goals (e.g. AOP, multi-year business case, cost vs execution against integrated master schedule, etc.)
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership if/when identified in a timely manner.
- As needed, serve as the liaison between the program team and cross-functional departments such as contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, AR, AP, technical accounting program excellence and treasury organizations
- Customer engagement
- BA/BA in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to think out of the box, making processes more efficient and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and presentations skills
- Ability to perform financial modeling to support business needs
- Experience with financial tools including CostPoint, Fusion and Hyperion-LPAS
- Knowledge of the Project Control and FP&A disciplines, with an understanding of accounting concepts (i.e., revenue recognition) and multiple contract types.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.