Successful candidate will have a thorough surface fire support expertise/background with understanding in Tactical Data Links, specifically Variable Message Format (VMF) to serve as the VMF Test Director for the Joint Fire Support (JFS) Joint Mission Thread (JMT) responsible for the construct and execution of the JFS JMT VMF Laboratory.
- Assists in the development and review of all associated Service and Coalition system test threads for accuracy, completeness, and analytical rigor.
- Assists in the development of the VMF Lab assessment battle rhythm, and ensures all test threads are executed in the allotted assessment phase timeframe.
- Conducts test thread rehearsals and leads a team of system analysts during respective system interoperability assessment/test threads.
- Assists the JFS JMT Operational Manager in the set-up and teardown of systems assessment laboratory, to include completion of participating system operational and validation tests prior to laboratory execution, and development and implementation of the JFS JMT Network Connectivity Plan.
- Reviews test thread analytical results to ensure VMF Laboratory Assessment Plan Objectives were met and analytically sound.
- Assists in the development of the final technical report to highlight JFS JMT activity results and programmatic deficiency findings.
- Provides logical system solution recommendations that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints to address deficiency findings identified during the JFS JMT test thread phase.
- Responsible for the VMF Laboratory floor layout, power and cooling, data storage, and lab access management. Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects related to the overall construct of the JFS JMT assessment/engagement methodology.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 + Years of related experience .
- Knowledge in the implementation of the VMF Tactical Data Links, digital message formatting, and military standards (6016, 6017, 188-220, 2045-47001, etc.).
- Analysis design and decision support tool background/experience
- System Test Experience
- Operational knowledge of Joint Fire Support mission roles
- Knowledgeable in the implementation of Joint and Coalition VMF fire support systems, such as the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS), Precision Fires-Dismounted System, and Target Handoff System.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of the Advance Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
- Working knowledge of the Artillery Systems Cooperation Activities (ASCA) message protocol
- Staff planning experience including interoperability, joint and combined warfare
- Experience with execution and monitoring of military operations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.