The QRC Airborne ISR Division of Leidos has an opening in Bridgewater, VA for a Test Engineer. Assigned to multiple DoD programs, the Test Engineer supports the Flight Test Lead by accomplishing the tasks described below:
- Plans, coordinates, manages, and executes full spectrum of ground and flight tests on fixed wing aircraft.
- Prepare for ground and flight tests:
- Review applicable requirements, system manuals, and specification documentation.
- Coordinate cross team, subcontractor, and customer personnel to support test execution.
- Manage test equipment including calibration procedures.
- Develop test plans with mission relatable, requirements traceable, and intuitively testable metrics along with a scope and method to evaluate systems.
- Execute flight test events.
- Provide on-site test management, data collection, briefing, debriefing, and configuration control.
- Analyze test data and produce test reports that provide results, supporting data, conclusions, and recommendations based on the system’s intended mission, stated requirements, and applicable specifications.
- Stand up instrumentation capability including installation of strain gauges and data logging.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 3 years of related test experience; degree can be substituted with minimum total of 5 years of test experience.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support flight tests.
- Diverse test engineering experience with a variety of electronic or mechanical systems.
- Ability to work in an agile and fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills (scheduling, documentation, etc.)
- Comfortable in the presentation of preflight mission briefings as well as program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Communication (written and verbal) along with interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Flight test experience.
- LabView programming experience.
- Knowledge and experience of electronic warfare, electro-optical sensors, radios, and radar.
- Familiarity with FAA and DoD regulations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.