The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Sr. System Administrator with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The OCEANSURF II (OS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. OS II provides full software development lifecycle support to our customers including design, development, deployment, testing, sustainment, user support. Working across all areas, using innovative software development methods and top tier project management support, the OS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
This candidate will provide various network / system administrative support for the Mission Management Investment Portfolio. These activities include providing extensive network design & support, software installations, performing backups and restores, installing patch capabilities, troubleshooting of complex systems, monitoring system logs, creating and administration of user accounts. The candidate will: - Provide complex troubleshooting of the system and architecture. - Monitor the health and status metrics and trend analysis on applications. - Provide timely and professional recommendations to the customers. - Evaluate current operating procedures and provide improvement recommendations. - Implement corrective action processes for addressing problems detected in the operational baseline in compliance with the TTO. - Ensure that all detected problems are promptly reported, action is initiated, status is tracked and resolution is achieved without introducing additional issues or risk. - Adhere to established corrective action processes and procedures. - Provide after hour and call-in support. - Interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system administration, hardware, and communications requirements.
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
- Experience with complex network design/support
- Experience with LINUX
- Experience with Virtual Environments (MachineShop, EDC) (VMWARE)
- Working knowledge of network firewall configurations
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
- Experience with System accreditation processes
- Rotational Pager support required
- Must have 12-15 years of experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Strong Communication skills
- Some project/program management experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.