The Defense Group has an immediate opening for an Administrator – Subcontracts (SCA). In this position, the SCA is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The individual will create subcontract solicitations from customer requirements and/or solicitations after analyzing which requirements flow down from the prime. He/She will analyze and estimate price proposals utilizing various cost and price analysis techniques and will negotiate terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with subcontractors.
The position requires a knowledge of federal subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements. In addition, the position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as senior management of suppliers, team members and subcontractors. He/She will assist in new business proposals. The ability to work a moderate volume of relatively complex work with some oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Have the ability to: identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and make recommendations to the Team Lead for appropriate mitigation steps with management support.
- Communicate with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., subcontractors, vendors, etc.).
- Grow to have a general understanding of business and the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Demonstrate the value of the function with interactions with internal customers and external suppliers, operating with a customer service-oriented perspective that continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values, such as:
- Developing negotiation skills to be used in maximizing Leidos’ return and minimize our risk; and
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with suppliers that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional Qualifications: Federal Acquisition Regulation familiarity
- Microsoft Excel and Word
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.