Leidos is looking to hire a talented Program Security Lead to manage, implement and communicate government, corporate and program security policies and procedures on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Headquarter and Component Security Operations Center (SOC) Task Orders. The Program Security Lead will interface with Defense Security Service (DSS) on security clearance matters, rulings, and interpretations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and execution of all assigned classified contracts to ensure protection of sensitive and proprietary information, assets and employees. In addition, the Program Security Lead will process all new hire EOD packages in support of the DHS Headquarter, DHS Customs and Border Protection and DHS Federal Emergency Management Agency SOC Task Orders.
The position is located in the Leidos Gaithersburg, MD office and requires an active Secret clearance.
- Enforce security requirements of the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manuel (NISPOM)
- Manage personnel security program, duties entail, reviewing, approving, and submitting EOD packages up to and including SCI nomination packages in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintain Facility Clearance Level status/documentation in ISFD and Personnel Clearance Levels (PCL) in JPAS; performs maintenance of appropriate and accurate security folders.
- Define, update, maintain and produce reports from Department of Defense security clearance system of record.
- Conduct reviews of and recommends modifications to Prime DD Form 254s
- Prepare DD-254 documentation and appropriate security guidance for subcontractors.
- Process outgoing visit authorizations for personnel assigned to contracts that require cleared access
- Validate the personnel security clearance of new personnel. If required, initiate action for the proper investigation to be conducted.
- This position requires a Bachelors degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 8 years of prior relevant experience. Four years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program rules, regulations, and procedures
- Active Secret security clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Individual must be experienced in working with a dynamic work environment, supporting several tasks at once, with potential for short deadlines
- Working knowledge of the JPAS system
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to a broad internal and external customer base
- Possess outstanding customer service dealing with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Experience with standard Microsoft Suite products
- Working knowledge of the DHS HQ, CBP and FEMA EOD processes
- Experience using the SIMS Database
- Comfortable working with Senior Management to resolve personnel security concerns
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.