Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Senior Network Availability Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the Performance Management (PM) team.
The Senior Network Availability Engineer provides technical support and direction for a team of Network Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, instrumentation planning, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued availability of the DISN core network and the services that traverse it.
- Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels
- Develop network device and probe instrumentation plans to measure network and service availability.
- Develop plans and network architecture for synthetic voice, video, and data traffic generation
- Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring degradations in network availability
- Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
- Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
- Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
- Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports
- Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Advanced knowledge of Telecommunications, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- In depth technical understanding of network services and architecture
- Experience provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, transport devices or IP networks.
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
- Experience with Netscout
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
- Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
- Experience analyzing real time service voice and video SIP signaling and call flow.
- Understand WAN principles, Cisco Voice, Avaya Voice and Data networks
- Ability to innovate
- Understanding of network operations
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.