Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The OPSEC Support Specialist establishes and maintains National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's (NGA's) OPSEC program, while utilizing analytical processes to deny adversary information concerning our intentions and capabilities by identifying, controlling, and protecting NGA assets, associated with our planning processes or operations.
- The successful candidate ensures compliance with policies (DCID, DoD, and NGA), standards and Executive Orders regarding OPSEC and information security.
- Candidate coordinates and consolidates information to support formal and informal action items in support of OPSEC and security monitors program and facilitates the Intelligence Community (IC) Working Groups (OPSEC and Security Monitors).
- Reviews NGA public release (e.g., media, TV, newspaper, etc.), professional academia papers, and briefing presentations for OPSEC and render written recommendations.
- Updates and maintains appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) OPSEC decision recommendations, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist in developing products to market the OPSEC program (i.e. web-based pamphlets).
- All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination to be considered for this position.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in security disciplines including a minimum of 3 years within DoD and IC.
- Applicants must be prepared and able to support (15%) travel requirements, CONUS as well as local travel within the metropolitan Washington DC area.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of DoD, IC, and National Security Policies, Regulations, Directives and Instructions.
- The applicant must have proven interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational, and time-management skills.
- BA/BS in applicable field and 8-12 years related experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the various security disciplines including a minimum of 3 years within DoD or the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Must have the ability to travel
Be knowledgeable with all Microsoft Suite applications and uses. Experience authoring and executing OPSEC plans and programs at the headquarters or agency level. Completion of Interagency OPSEC Support Staff (IOSS) Specialist or Managers Course. Background in web development, software or application development, or network and computer systems is a plus. Experience developing schedules for complex programs is desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.