Leidos is seeking a Aircraft Jet Engine and Propulsion Engineer with comprehensive knowledge of characteristics and interaction of systems related to aircraft jet engine propulsion tests/test cell operations, engine installation, engine health-monitoring systems, test instrumentation, and, familiarity with current Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft. The training specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The Aircraft Jet Engine and Propulsion Engineers shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft jet engine and propulsion engineering to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of aircraft Jet engine and propulsion engineering
- Analysis and solution of problems related to aircraft gas turbine engine performance and installations including the engine, engine components, airframe induction and cooling systems, fuel systems, and related installation equipment
- Analysis of performance data obtained from engine test cell runs, engine manufacturer, and other sources
- Resolution of engine test cell problems
- Review and evaluation of contractor’s engine repair and overhaul work
- Evaluation of engineering change proposals related to engine installation design
- Review and evaluation of Time Compliant Technical Orders (TCTO) applicable to engines
- Review and evaluation of requirements for engine support equipment and specialty tooling
- Routine analysis to assure the operational structural integrity of system modifications
- Preparation of specifications for the design and performance of engine installation modifications
- Review of tests performed to verify conformance to specification requirements
- Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
- Recommendations for additional training to enhance the capabilities of other engineers and resolution of software related STRs and proposed enhancements
- Development and maintenance of software source code, databases, tools, and interfaces with related systems and system platforms
- Design and development of build tool enhancements
- Performing maintenance and Organization and Intermediate Level inspections for propulsion system
- Perform Level 1 and 2 maintenance on aircraft propulsion systems
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of directly related experience; OR BA/BS degree and fifteen (15) years of directly related experience; OR twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.