Leidos is seeking a Project Engineer to support the BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge IT) Program supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Northern Virginia. As the Project Engineer, you will be expected to utilize your project management experience to work in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, financial analysts, SCRUM Masters, subcontract administrators, and others to: develop and track progress against plans, track and project costs, estimate projected cost savings of projects identified by the Chief Innovation Officer, manage portfolio risks, develop and maintain staffing plans, and support development of key program deliverables at the portfolio level.
• Work with portfolio leadership to establish portfolio level inputs to the IMS and gather status details from agile teams to incorporate into the IMS
• Work with financial analysts and the Portfolio Manager to review portfolio-level labor hour and cost accrual reports to ensure portfolio is achieving financial objectives. Collaborate with financial analysts and the Portfolio Manager to update the portfolio’s Estimate at Completion.
• Collaborate with global supply chain management and/or subcontract administrators to ensure subcontractors and professional services scope is well defined and subcontractors are properly funded.
• Work with the Portfolio Manager to manage risks escalated from the agile teams to the portfolio level for resolution.
• Coordinate with agile teams to gather inputs for monthly and quarterly reviews and develop materials in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager for roll-up to the Task Order Program level.
• Work with portfolio leadership to develop and maintain a staffing plan that drives EAC. Coordinate with HR and Resource Manager to ensure timely submission of requisitions to maintain staffing levels in-line with the staffing plan.
• 5+ years of experience developing well defined SOWs for subcontractors and working with subcontract administration to ensure timely execution of subcontracts
• 3+ years of experience as an account manager/project manager within an Agile/DevSecOps environment
• Experience utilizing JIRA
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and MS Project
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
• U.S. Citizenship
• PMP certification
• SCRUM Master certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.