POSITION DESCRIPTION: Leidos is looking for a Portfolio Architect who will be responsible for implementing the overarching enterprise level architectural vision and concepts developed by the chief engineer/architect within their individual portfolio. Implementation of the overarching architectural vision will include development of a technical roadmap for their portfolio and software architecture definition for the applications within their individual portfolio. The individual in this role will also evaluate various potential architectural solutions to address user needs taking into consideration cost and risk along with long term supportability. This role requires strong systems, security, software and cloud architecture experience within an Agile/DevSecOps environment to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems in support of the DHS Customs and Border Protection.
• At least 5 years of experience engineering/architecting mission critical enterprise level IT applications
• At least 5 years of experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff working in an Agile/DevSecOps environment that involves multiple complex and interrelated project tasks
• Experience applying an enterprise level vision to develop a portfolio level technical roadmap that can be utilized within agile product teams to develop product backlogs
• Experience leading migration of applications and/or systems to the cloud
• Expertise with DevSecOps tools and processes with the ability to tailor based on applications within a portfolio and stakeholder requirements
• Experience architecting solutions that ensure the confidentiality, integrity and high availability of multiple applications within a portfolio
• Hands on experience with common development languages and DevSecOps tools such as: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, Java, CI/CD tools, Jira, Fortify, SonarQube
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Knowledge of big data architecture and data analytics
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
* Certified Cloud Architect
* Experience with mobile applications
• Experience supporting Agile projects for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.