Leidos is seeking a Customer Services Operations Manager to support the BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge IT) Program supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Northern Virginia. This leader will conduct and refine operations through synergy and common tools/process across all portfolios for long-term efficiencies. Sustains continuous Customer Service and Training operations. Interfaces with all portfolio managers to ensure sufficient Tier 2 IT service desk ensuring adherence to quality standards and reviews operations deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to operations team. Directs and/or participates in Tier 2 troubleshooting/analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative IT service management solutions. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Has a deep understanding of business transformation and processes to implement ITIL, the mission of the BEAGLE Program, and experience in developing briefings and responses to executives within the department and the customer base. Familiar with the Core Business Mission and IT liaisons.
• Lead and manage daily operations of the Tier 2 IT service desk along with customer Training and communication.
• Foster an environment of collaborative communication with all internal and external partners.
• Understand and work to provide the services outlined in the Performance Work Statement and contract proposals
• Ensure timely delivery of all Operational support, maintenance, and enhancements, removing any obstacles to completing work as scheduled
• Perform risk analysis of the operational environment, and communicate via the Risk Management process.
• Provide leadership on the operational integration of all infrastructure products with a focus on accuracy and timeliness
• Perform management duties, to include: providing guidance on technical solutions, developing and refining support methodologies as well as administrative functions.
• Provide daily and weekly status updates to Leidos and the Government on various operations across the Customer Service Operations Organization
• Conduct strategic planning that will help the team deliver an exceptional new customer experience and improve how it operates
• Work with team to gather accurate data to assess organizational performance and develop necessary transformation plans to improve service delivery levels
• Interface with our Government partner to gain an understanding of Service Desk and mission support requirements and incorporate that information into transformational plans
• Remain up-to-date on new technologies and business processes related to customer service and training operations and infuse new innovations into the team
• Provide inputs to monthly status reports to the Government and Quarterly Program Management Reviews
• Continually enhance the performance of the Customer Service Operations team, IT environment and Operational support through continual process improvement, automation, full utilization of existing tool sets, and recommendations for new tools
• Collaborate with the Chief Engineer/Architect and Portfolio Managers on the implementation of Continuous Service Improvement recommendations
• Use the provided ITSM tool set to manage the Tier 2 help desk and identify patterns to improve help desk efficiency
• Promote the automation of the Tier 2 help desk
• Develop training and communication strategies for new features
• Ensure on-schedule delivery of training and communication for new features
• 5 or more years of experience managing IT service desk operations utilizing ITIL
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a CBP background investigation
• The ability to lead organizational transformation efforts and drive change while ensuring existing service levels remain consistent and high
• The ability to interact with the CBP BEMSD customer and foster a positive relationship with the client
• Demonstrated experience in leading a large scale organization consisting of multiple teams
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective training and communication strategies for a complex IT system
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• ITIL certification
• PMP certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.