Leidos is seeking a Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Analyst to support the BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge IT) Program supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Northern Virginia. As the Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Analyst, you will be expected to utilize your experience to provide hands on quality assurance and quality control functions within the respective Portfolio. You will be responsible for developing procedures, performing audits, generating audit reports and tracking discrepancies, recording and tracking program metrics including defects, conducting root cause analysis investigations, and ensuring adherence to the quality standards for the program. You will participate in acceptance tests and production validation, and conduct Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) events within the respective portfolio/across portfolios.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. QA Plan, QA Surveillance Plan [QASP] corrective action plans) for assuring quality products and services in an agile environment within the respective Portfolio
- Perform audits, reviews, and inspections of software program activities to make sure they comply with program processes and ISO 9001/2000 standards
- Establish processes to continually improve the effectiveness of a Quality Management System (QMS) in support of CBP’s operating model
- Analyze defects in conjunction with System Engineering and Software Plans to drive improvements in the verification & validation of requirements
- Establishes and maintains strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Investigations of non-compliant items
- Review CDRLs and product deliverables for compliance and quality
- Maintain the Analysis and Corrective Action System database
- Conduct CPI events within the respective portfolio/across portfolios
- Witness formal testing
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 /20000 standards
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile methodologies
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
- U.S. Citizenship
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.