Leidos NISC III program is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Des Moines, WA to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The NISC Program provides high-quality engineering and technical support services to FAA organizations responsible for NAS transformation in the areas of integration and implementation planning, transition planning, engineering support, environmental support, and other engineering and technical disciplines as required. Leidos is looking for a self-motivated quick learner with excellent communication skills who can work directly with the FAA customers under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support the FAA’s Technical Operations Division in conducting the level 2 Obstruction Evaluation (OE) analysis by using the current FAA provided OE Evaluation Desk Guide
- Analyze and evaluate obstructions and their physical and/or electromagnetic effects on National Airspace facilities
- Identify any electromagnetic and/or physical effect on air navigation, weather, radar and communications facilities
- Analyze and evaluate OEs for potential adverse effect(s) to NAS facilities, equipment and services and identify mitigations to those effects.
- Assign to an appropriately qualified SME, normally an FAA engineer, for a Level 3 (in-depth) analysis in cases the results of the Level 2 analysis requires further study.
- Utilize analysis tools available including Google® Earth Pro and Radar Support System (RSS) to help in the evaluation.
- Utilize the FAA Work distribution tool iOEAAA (internet based Obstruction Evaluation Airport Airspace Analysis) to support the evaluation.
- Produce an OE Summary showing in-progress, delayed, cancelled and completed OE analysis.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Previous exposure reading and interpreting technical documentation and papers
- Extensive knowledge of Google Earth Pro
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent analytical skills (Math including trigonometry)
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with three dimensional modeling or simulations
- Extensive Knowledge in Radars and Navigational Systems
- Experience with using programming language C, C++, Java or Python is a plus
Typically requires BS degree in Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.