Leidos is seeking Aircraft Technical Advisors with knowledge of multiple Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft platforms, helicopter types, systems and engines. The Aircraft Technical Advisors will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The Aircraft Technical Advisor will perform as an adviser and trainer on all maintenance, support, quality, airframe, logistics, production processes, and issues. The Technical Advisor serves as the focal point between the RSAF and other contractors to support the AWACS, C-130, E-3 series, F-15, Bell 212, Bell 412, Boeing 707 platforms, and all systems/subsystems on these aircraft.
The Aircraft Technical Advisor shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical technical knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of aircraft system and subsystem operation and maintenance
- Management of contract maintenance support employees
- Compliance with all aviation safety and security procedures related to RSAF aircraft maintenance
- Management of day to day operations, maintenance, and reporting within the RSAF wing
- Creation of a wide variety of maintenance reports
- Coordination with United States Military Training Mission (USMTM) and technical coordination group personnel
- Ensure contractor maintenance support employees work is in compliance with work contracts
- Correspondence with internal and external organizations as directed to support and accomplish work requirements
- Providing advice on provisioning, training, and technical requirements on pending aircraft modification requirements
- Use of automated logistics systems such as GOLDesp
- Interpretation of blueprints, schematics, plans, wiring diagrams, and technical publications
- Providing technical assistance on a wide variety of airplane or helicopter maintenance procedures, servicing, inspections, and ground support activities
- Conducting reviews and providing suggested changes to proposals, contracts, and maintenance activity Statements of Work (SOW) submitted by various contractors, or foreign governments and make appropriate recommendations
- Review of technical data and other pertinent maintenance publications for accuracy, applicability, content, and recommend changes
- Preparation of HQ level staff reports and professional correspondence
- Perform historical trend analysis to determine root cause of the most serious and prevalent issues to prevent repetition
- Prepare maintenance, safety, and operational checklists
- Participate in working groups on system design, readiness, technical, budget, requirements, and supportability
- Coordinate with onsite Field Support Representatives on maintenance issues
- Facilitate the technical interface between the RSAF and the contractor
- Provide quality assurance and quality control management subject matter expertise
- Provide production control subject matter expertise
- Assist with forecasting and planning of maintenance requirements
- Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
Experience in F-15 and/or C-130 required.
Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
BA/BS and four (4) years of experience in aircraft E&E systems OR eight (8) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.