The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $40B in annual proposal submissions. We are seeking a highly qualified, Oral Proposal Coach/Lead with the expertise and demonstrated performance to managing and developing high quality written, orals, and video proposals. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coaching capture teams in the preparation and delivery or live and video proposal presentations. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
The Orals Coach helps define the flow, structure, and timing of the orals presentation, confirming compliance with RFP requirements. Beyond content, the Orals Coach trains the team on effective presentation skills, including messaging and project confidence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish a schedule, working with the proposal manager, for orals development
- Develop the presentation in collaboration with the proposal team
- Apply industry best practices with attention to compliance
- Provide a structured methodology and process for both the creative and management aspects of complex responses for Federal Government proposals.
- Help the speakers/writers develop draft slide content and layout
- Assist in developing strategic messaging, impactful graphics, and outlines
- Advise on conceptual graphics used to illustrate the presentation
- Help team create the presentation iteratively and conduct regular wall walks to help progress slides
- Coach the speakers on delivering the presentation to the government
- Assess presentation team and determine skill building needs
- Develop Scripts - help presenters organize what to say and enable them to practice delivering key points that need to be made on each slide
- Conduct mock Q&A sessions with customer simulations to evaluate the team’s ability to meet customer expectations
- Lead regular rehearsals for the team to practice delivery of the presentation
- Direct Video production
- Manage Production Team (Photography, Lighting, Teleprompter, Sound, Editing, Makeup)
- Provide a simulation of the presentation environment
- Use video, when necessary, to evaluate individual presenter's performance and provide constructive feedback
- Manage the timing of orals presentations to meet RFP requirement
- Provide team and individual coaching, as needed
- Conduct a post-presentation debriefing with team
- Typically requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of federal oral proposal coaching
- Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Strong analytical skills with solid administrative experience
- Ability to understand and verify compliance
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Extensive knowledge of Federal procurement regulations and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and all levels of management
- Demonstrated successful orals coaching and presentation development experience
- Expertise in proposal/capture management for the development of large, complex government proposals
- Knowledge of federal procurement regulations
- Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
- Experience with SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.