The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping multiple contracts and missions. This Systems Administrator position will support the multiple programs and projects housed at that location. It is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for program systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Makes recommendations on the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Act as SA for multiple systems and programs to ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of SAN, Backup, and Endpoint protection architecture within Windows 7 and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Supports the Information System Security Manager as directed.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with System Administration in a Windows 7, 10 and Windows 2012 server environment
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Candidates must possess a Security + certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of start date with Leidos.
- Also required are communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently.
- Additional certifications to include CCNA, CCSP, MCSE, and/or SANS GIAC.
- Experience with Linux administration.
External Referral Bonus