The Health Group is seeking a Senior Business Analyst as part of a software development organization that will work with Agile teams to support requirements elicitation, agile requirements development, data collection and analysis to support the FDA SIRCE contract. This position will be onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports.
The candidate should be able to understand the business needs and translate them to agile requirements (user stories) for their testability and explain them to testers and developers, when needed. The candidate also needs to take feedback on the requirements from the team to enhance them upon client's approval.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Conduct meetings to elicit, define and document requirements from sponsors and end users
- Conduct qualitative analysis of existing implementations and provide thoughtful, strategic improvement recommendations
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with client stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, scenarios, workflow analysis
- Decompose business needs into agile requirements
- Be responsible for having clear requirements with acceptance criteria for each user story before the sprint starts
- Translate requirements into clear acceptance criteria
- Articulate business requirements to developers and testers
- Identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements and automation
- Assist the product owner with prioritizing the backlog
- Develop and maintain requirements management lifecycle artifacts
- Documenting the requirements and keeping track of requirements change
- Create/review UAT scripts and conduct UAT sessions if needed
- Keep updating the requirements documents, as requirements change
- Work with automation testers to identify regression test candidates for automation
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- At least 4 years of experience performing as a business analyst
- Experience with Agile software development frameworks, i.e. Scrum
- Experience in drafting detailed requirements
- Experience using JIRA
- Ability to create mockups, process flow diagrams/charts, functional & design documents
- Demonstrated knowledge of all business analysis practices with emphasis on business requirements gathering, facilitation, testing and work flow analysis
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand technical concepts and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Food and Drug Administration badge
- Experience working in federal contracting
- Experience with 508 compliance for application interfaces
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as 5 years of related business analysis/requirements gathering
- PMI-BA certification or Certified Product Owner a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.