Leidos is seeking a Cloud Architect to support the BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge IT) Program supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Northern Virginia. A Cloud Architect will provide technical leadership on a mission-critical CBP Portfolio whose purpose is to develop, modernize, enhance, migrate to the cloud, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. The Cloud Architect requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and implementation of preventative measures. The Cloud Architect will serve as lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing the cloud computing strategy for their portfolio. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have multiple years of hands-on experience migrating mission critical applications to the cloud and supporting Cloud Services such as AWS, Salesforce, and Azure. A Professional Cloud certification such as AWS, AZURE, or Salesforce is strongly desired.
• Engage and collaborate with customer stakeholders to understand mission needs and cultural issues to formulate sound strategies and plans for cloud adoption
• Provide technical leadership to portfolio teams related to cloud adoption and oversee conversion of cloud migration strategy to tactical implementation
• Conduct/lead demonstrations/results of cloud readiness assessments, analysis and migration strategies to CBP stakeholders.
• Identify efficiencies & risks while also evaluating cost savings of delivering and/or expanding cloud based services to the customer.
• Coordinate closely with portfolio architect and portfolio manager to incorporate cloud adoption strategy into overall portfolio roadmap
• Work with security engineers, portfolio architects, applications engineering teams, and customer stakeholders to implement and maintain integrated edge-to-core cloud security.
• At least 10 years of system architecture experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff working multiple complex and interrelated project tasks
• At least 5 years of experience implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategies and delivery of cloud solutions
• At least 5 years of experience supporting a variety of cloud deployment models (Private/Public/Hybrid/Gov cloud)
• Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, automation and troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud architecture, core services, and infrastructure support
• Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, DevSecOps tools and methodologies
• Familiar with tools that support cloud-based systems and applications, such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, ECS, Big Data, and distributive Cloud architectures and frameworks
• Knowledge of cloud security, governance and monitoring
• Understanding of cloud security requirements, including FISMA, FEDRAMP, Impact Level, NIST, etc.
• Experience with CI and CD technologies, including CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Jenkins
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Professional Cloud Certification(s) such as AWS, Azure, Salesforce, and/or IBM
• Familiar with Big Data analytics systems and applications such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, and Elastic Search
• Microsoft Azure, IBM, and/or SAP cloud architecture, core services, and infrastructure support experience.
• Experience working with relational database systems, such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.