Leidos is looking for an Applications Developer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Tester will work on the production of an application providing workflow and research with the ability to review, disposition, build profile(s) and update as needed. Once status test complete has been achieved, the tester will be responsible for maintaining applicable documentation for the life of the project. The Applications Tester should be active to guide and support the entire department on best practices in software quality assurance and applications testing. The Applications Tester will develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization. The Applications Tester will develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. The Applications Tester will establish and maintain a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. The Applications Tester will create automated tests to run regression testing where possible. The Applications Tester will conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Requires a BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience writing test plans, scenarios, test scripts and developing functional tests and identifying the most appropriate implementation approach
- Demonstrated experience training in the appropriate use of test automation tools such as Selenium, LoadRunner (SmartBear), Junit, TestStudio
- Demonstrated experience testing applications within the cloud environment. This can be for new applications development or the transition of legacy applications to the cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodologies and test driven development
- Demonstrated experience developing testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Demonstrated experience documenting software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Demonstrated experience planning test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Demonstrated experience updating automated test scripts to ensure currency
- Demonstrated experience participating in formal and informal reviews to determine quality
- Exposure to programming concepts in Java, C++, Ruby or equivalent language
- Demonstrated experience with scripting technologies such as Perl, Ant, Rake, Maven or RPM
- Familiarity with software CM tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.