Leidos is seeking a candidate with a strong project engineering background and familiarity with business processes and metrics collection. The Origin program is transitioning to a more formal IT Service Management framework, applying ITSM capabilities to mature service management, problem management, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) reporting capabilities. The candidate will help lead the way for this transition, partnering with program personnel to determine the best means of collecting SLA metrics and defining requirements for tool development to collect and report on these metrics.
The Project Engineer will:
- Work with program and client staff personnel to formally define and document SLA metrics for the program
- Meet with program and client staff to seek understanding of the SLA’s the client intends to measure, determine which factors will be used to calculate each SLA, and establish exception (e.g. escape) criteria for each SLA
- Apply your knowledge of best industry practices to determine the appropriate types of SLA’s needed to effectively manage the Origin technical baseline
- Develop requirements for and work with the process engineer/integrator to verify tool SLA calculations
- Document meeting minutes and develop SLA-related documentation
- In addition, the PE may be called up on to assist with other program activities that relate to this position
Define SLA’s for tracking key program performance measures
- Hold technical discussions with client and program staff to define SLA’s and gain concurrence
- Verify SLA calculations produced by program tools
- Formally document SLA’s in the program baseline
- Work with program technical staff to determine appropriate escape criteria based on your understanding of Origin’s deployed systems
- Develop documentation artifacts for processes and as-built workflow designs
- Participate in technical exchange meetings with program and client personnel
- Act as the subject matter expert on service level agreements to other teams
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with establishing service level agreement metrics or other similar initiatives as part of a program baseline
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to quickly understand existing business processes and work flows and then extrapolate this data into requirements to develop plans of action
- Understanding of general business processes
- Able to produce clear and concise documentation
- Experience with presenting ideas, concepts, and implementations to senior client and program personnel
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Strong systems engineering background with an emphasis on IT service management models and business processes
- Experience with IT specific product suites / hardware (examples: Solarwinds product suite, Cisco network products, VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server, and SCOM)
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Location: This position may be based in Chantilly or Tyson's based on candidate preference
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.