Senior System Engineer Ashburn VA
Leidos is seeking a Senior System Engineer to join the System Engineering team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. The position is located in Ashburn, VA. Candidates must have, or be able to obtain, an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position requires strong technical skills to support a complex, technical system. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment is required. Must work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Chief Product Owner, other System Engineers, program architects, and agile feature development teams.
• Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, and interface definition, in support of multiple agile development teams.
• Provide human factors engineering subject matter expert inputs to the requirements and design of the system
• Define features and user stories and review with stakeholders.
• Contribute to the definition and refinement of the program roadmap and backlog
• Interact with vendors using the AFSS system web services and other interfaces for troubleshooting, integration, and enhancements to the system.
• Requires prior experience with the AFSS program and experience performing human factors engineering tasks
• Requires a Bachelors Degree in related field and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and 6 -10 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience developing requirements and features, especially in an agile program
• Experience working at an organization using SAFe
• Experience using the Atlassian tools, especially VersionOne
• Experience performing SE tasks for applications using REST, SOAP, Alexa, Google, Twilio, complex map and weather interfaces
• Familiarity with SysML
• Use of Cameo Systems Modeler
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.