The Project Engineer will support the ITEMS UFS PMO and be responsible for staffing for the program, staffing metrics and reporting. The successful candidate will be flexible with assignments, ensure all action items are closed timely and accurately, and be willing to learn every day. The successful candidate will be open to daily ad hoc assignments, provide correct status of open action items, and close action items timely. Reports daily out to the team lead on all items that were worked during the day.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the hiring managers with staffing open requisitions. This includes but is not limited to writing and opening requirements, screen candidate submissions, scheduling interviews, reviewing compensation senior management and Subcontract managers, and ensuring all staffing process steps are completed according the to the Leidos
• Coordinate Leidos and Subcontractor onboarding activities to include: start dates with manager, recruiter, employee, security steps
• Manage, update, and run reports from the Resource Management System (RMS) with program staffing, security workflow, metric, etc.
• Train new users on how to use RMS
• Update RMS daily with employee information, staffing numbers, and training certificates
• Run the CDRL A0005 report once a month and provide an update to the Security Manager
• Provides 2 weekly staffing reports to the Program Manager: total staffing and open positions and staffing metrics
• Create and manage an overarching ITEMS UFS staffing plan. Inputs will be from the PM, Senior Managers, and Subcontract Management
• Ensure that all employees are submitting their timecards correctly and managers are approving timecards by reviewing timecard reports from the finance team
• Ad hoc duties as needed by the Program Management Office. These will be defined by the manager when they arise. They can be multiple actions per day.
Education & Experience:
• Requires a Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.