The C4ISR Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineering Intern to work in our St.Petersburg, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to put to use your academic knowledge and experience designing communication and electronic warfare systems. In this project, Leidos provides design, development, modeling and simulation, analysis, prototyping and testing of advanced electronic system and various antennas.
- Participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated electronics hardware & firmware.
- Test RF and analog/digital components and subassemblies to verify compliance with design documentation
- Translate conceptual designs into detailed design specifications, electrical schematics, complete bills of materials (BOMs) and Printed Circuit Board Design (PCB) layout techniques, documents and drawings.
- Model and simulate various electrical designs and then transition to prototype & test
- Design RF and digital/analog test fixtures to verify and test prototype circuit card assemblies (CCA’s)
- Select Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) components for use in designs, based on analysis of specifications (datasheets), availability, cost and reliability.
- Candidate must be a US citizen and is pursuing a bachelor or masters in electrical engineering. GPA of 3.0 or greater is required.
- Must have the ability of obtaining a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance- US Citizenship required.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work and collaborate within a multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products
- Familiar with schematic capture tools like Altium Designer, KiCAD or Cadence/Orcad (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Digital logic design using VHDL with FPGA’s, CPLD/s, and/or Microcontrollers and associated tools (like Xilinx Vivado, Altera or equivalent)
- Knowledge of VHDL simulation – using part vendor tools or third party (Xilinx Sim, Active HDL, ModelSim etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience in working with simulation tools such as HFSS, Microwave Office or Matlab.
- Familiar with software languages like C/C++, Java, MATLAB etc.
- Basic knowledge of various test equipment – Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, Logic Analyzer
- Senior level is preferred but will consider Junior
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.