Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Linux System Engineer to support our DISA Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Fort Meade, MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
In this role you will:
- Support the development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure within the JRSS architecture.
- Provide Tier 3 operations support for JRSS Linux systems.
- Implement, test and evaluate upgrades, perform patching, STIG’ing, and troubleshoot system issues.
- Support the design, development, test, and deployment of the JRSS Linux based systems as required for new or upgraded functionality.
- Develop documentation as required to operationalize new or updated capabilities. Deploy systems into production.
- Requires a BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- You must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret per program requirements
- You must hold a current IAT II 8570 Certification (Security+ce or CISSP preferred)
- Understanding of Linux Server design, configuration and administration
- Scripting experience
- Significant experience administering Linux servers
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with NFS, NTP, Syslog, RHEL Linux, Satellite
- Experience with DISA STIG
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Good understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- Ability to write scripts to complete repetitive tasks using open source programming languages such as Shell script Python, Bash, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Familiarity with RDBM systems such as Oracle
- Virtualization technologies including RHEV, VMware, vSphere, or Citrix Xenserver
- Good understanding of ports and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, NFS)
- Experience with network storage such as SAN and NAS, specifically HP and EMC products
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.