The Leidos Health group is building an R & D team to solve difficult problems and make a difference for our customers. The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Business Operations Manager for the R&D team to assist in tracking multiple projects budgets and schedules, interacting with Leidos corporate and analyze progress reported against schedules. Opportunity to help create processes to provide tracking, oversight, and monitoring of multiple R & D projects. Use your experience and knowledge to recommend actions to improve execution of R & D projects.
This job offers rewarding challenges and opportunities for professional career growth in a high quality, flexible work environment. The Business Operations Manager position will offer an opportunity to participate in the monitoring and oversight of multiple R&D projects. In this role, you will analyze current and projected budgets, costs and performance, and provide guidance to management on appropriate paths forward. You will also communicate and coordinate with all disciplines across the business including Program Management, Project Control, Finance, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, and Procurement.
The Business Operations Manager position is a balance of predictive analysis, data gathering, and administration. Additional duties include addressing accounting issues for projects, monitoring project costs and commitments, and performance against the baseline. As our Business Operations Manager, you must understand financial policies and reporting procedures. The position will also have the opportunity to prepare and present written and verbal reports on the performance of projects to senior management. There may be a need to travel for training but should not exceed 10% of the time.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of directly related Business Operations experience, or 9 years of related experience without a degree.
- Must also have solid experience working across multiple projects concurrently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business operations and understanding of corporate finance and reporting.
- Ability to understand, communicate, and coordinate with all disciplines including Program Management, Technical Staff, Finance, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, and Procurement is essential.
- Skills to create a course of action or solve a problem by conducting research, conceiving and developing new and innovative ideas, theories, and/or solutions, and predicting possible outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particular strength in MS Excel is necessary, and the candidate should have a strong analytical ability and familiarity with scheduling tools/concepts using MS Project.
- Must be able to work in diverse environments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and as strong member of a team are essential.
- Previous Project Control or Financial Analyst experience.
- Healthcare of Health IT experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.