The Leidos Health group is building an R&D team to solve difficult problems and make a difference for its customers. The Leidos Health Group is seeking Technical Project Managers for the R&D team to provide leadership and manage projects building innovative and new capabilities.
Provide leadership and oversight to design, develop, and integrate applications and systems. Oversight of technical activities in the research and development phases.
General activities may also include providing oversight and management of, and management of resources for:
- Analysis and study of complex system requirements
- Design of software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses
- Software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Estimation of software development/configuration costs and schedule
- Review existing projects and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques
- Software configuration management.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of experience or equivalent years of prior technical project experience in lieu of degree acceptable
- Demonstrated technical project management skills, including resource, schedule, and problem management
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of schedules and deliveries.
- Understanding of, and demonstrated ability to manage the following:
- Development of applications, IT systems, including databases
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Project management of software development methodologies, including testing
- Understanding of Cybersecurity implementation.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of team members towards a common objective
- Skill in communicating effectively (orally and in writing); ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with multiple partners, working teams, and organizations; and ability to manage a complex task, including short-term and long-term planning, goal and policy setting, and monitoring accomplishments.
- Experience working with projects in their “infancy”, building teams and working through the initial design phases into development.
- Prior experience with research and development or creating proofs of concepts.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.