The Leidos Health group is building an R&D team to solve difficult problems and make a difference for its customers. The Leidos Health Group is seeking Solution Architects for the R&D team to support a number of positions to design, create, and deploy new capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership for complex and challenging projects
- Recommends and develops new innovative software or hardware technical solutions based on industry best practices in support of function’s strategy, workflow, and operations.
- Coordinates work of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of architecture and workflows.
- Evaluates alternatives and change requests to include cost, schedule, risk, and supportability for enterprise applications.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring of team members towards a common objective
- Anticipated travel for this role is 10%, dependent upon the primary location of the candidate and development team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 15 - 20 years' of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to understand and define system/software architectures using abstract frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office application tools to include Visio and SharePoint
- Familiar with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Experience with model based systems engineering tools (MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect, or Rational Rhapsody)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with SaaS delivery platforms
- Experience with integrating human-centric design
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
- Experience with data interoperability and exchange systems (knowledge of Healthcare Interoperability Standards a plus)
- Familiarity with Health Information Systems a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.