The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will act as an Information System Security Officer for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). He/she will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support for implementing and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 8 - 12 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- At least five (5) years of experience as an Information Systems Security Officer
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with: current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.