Leidos is seeking an Administrative Secretary for a position in St. Louis, MO. Must currently possess an active TS/SCI Clearance level and have High School Diploma and 6 years’ secretary experience, Associate’s Degree and 4 years’ secretary experience, Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ secretary experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Prior experience as a secretary supporting administrative requirements at the mid- to- upper management levels of an office. The proposed personnel will be expected to independently accomplish the advanced administrative tasks with no assistance.
- Fundamental understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC)
- Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity
- Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette within a professional environment to: Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements and obtain a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements
- Capable of handling a large workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi- task in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:1) Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude;2) Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and3) Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance
- Good office organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities
- Proficient working knowledge of office information technology (IT) equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing office administrative tasks
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks
- Experience with office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) using specified format and structure
- Able to be a self-starter and work with minimal assistance to complete all assigned work requirements
- Strong problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment
- Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior DoD and/or IC experience working in a related field
- Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the military services
- Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications: PeopleSoft, Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR)3), NCERTS4, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Access database
- Prior experience with the awards and decorations process
- Working knowledge of DoD correspondence manual
- Working knowledge of DoD File Plan requirements
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; including teleconferences.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.