At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
We are currently looking for talented individuals to fill a position of a Software Developer .NET in our Newport News, VA location. The position is also available for telework.
As the .NET Software Developer at Leidos, you will work with a team of developers supporting programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and testing of .NET web applications using C#, Entity Framework, and SQL Server 2005/2008. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and a highly motivated self-starter that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members. This position will require a selected candidate to be able to obtain a TS SCI security clearance after hire. A sign-on bonus may be offered!
• Support software development, enhancements, unit testing, and maintenance efforts.
• Convert requirements into functional web pages.
• Generate code according to software coding guidelines.
• Produce software documentation and runs software through unit test procedures.
• Follow configuration management procedures.
• Perform other technical and documentation tasks.
• Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
• Bachelor’s degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science and minimum 4-8 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Previous experience with one or more of the following technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Ajax, JQuery, Web Services (SOAP/REST), CSS, HTML, and SQL.
• Knowledge/experience with common SDLCs.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience with LINQ.
• Entity Framework or similar ORM.
• Source Control, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management.
• Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management.
• Technical Writing.
• Agile / Scrum SDLC.
• Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.