Leidos is seeking a Senior Configuration Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior C4I Configuration Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
- Shall be fully conversant with the equipment, facilities and installations in use in the RSAF or have had experience on equipment, facilities, installations or systems of the similar type and generation in a military environment.
- Shall be capable of instructing RSAF personnel and producing training material and provide On- the-Job training in Configuration systems.
- Shall have experience and understand the interrelations between specifications, drawings, technical orders, logistics data, and operations manuals
- Daily Tasks
- Input Configuration Data
- Hardware Change Requests
- Software Change Requests
- Document Change Request
- Update Master Site Allocation Document (SAD).
- Incorporate Specification Changes
- Software Requirement Specifications
- Hardware Specifications
- Interface Control Documents
- Weekly Tasks
- Write Engineering Change Proposals.
- Provide Change Status Accounting
- Attend Change Review Board Meetings
- Assist engineering identifying related documents affected by a proposed change.
- Prepare Agendas for the Change Review Board
- Prepare Engineering Change Packages for Change Review Board
- Prepare minutes of the Change Review Board
- Monthly Tasks
- Perform Configuration Audits
- Create specification change packages for distribution
- Annual Tasks
- Write and Implement Configuration Management Plan
- Derive CM Requirements for vendors or subcontractors
- Audit vendors or subcontractors for CM compliance
- Physical Configuration Audit (can be done on select sub-systems)
- Functional Configuration Audit (if necessary)
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of directly related experience; OR BA/BS degree and fifteen (15) years of directly related experience; OR twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.