The Assistant Service Desk Manager in cooperation with the Enterprise Service Desk Manager is responsible for the overall safety, security and efficiency of Service Desk operations. This position shall assist the Enterprise Service Desk Manager in overseeing all Service Desk employees where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Assistant Service Desk Manager to work in support of the Enterprise Service Desk Manager to manage operations for a 24x7x365 service desk. The service desk team is responsible for initial triage, classification, troubleshooting, resolution of incidents, and completion of service requests for a 7,000+ user community. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in applying ITIL best practices to service delivery in a similar, large enterprise environment and a track record of meeting or exceeding contractual service level agreements.
You will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Manage and motivate a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Provide direction and guidance for investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting the causes and corrective actions in the ServiceNow ITSM tool for all incidents assigned by the Service Desk.
- Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Establish/enforce KPI metrics, reports and goals that are aligned with the long-term strategic direction.
- Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
- Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
- Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports. Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Provide thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other IT teams.
- Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation.
- Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 3+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Minimum of 3 years experience in a Service Desk environment. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Be an active member of a leadership team, must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends to meet the customer’s missions.
- Assists in managing Service Desk scheduling, including after-hours on-call schedule.
- Provide oversight of all requests, incidents, and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
- Hands on experience with incident and problem management in ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards.
- Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
- Experience in transition and start-up of a large and geographically dispersed program
- Strong service and leadership background required. Previous experience working in fast paced, innovative startup environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.