Are you ready for your next mission? Are you interested in working in Mons, Belgium? If so, our Defense & Intelligence Group has a new opening for a Network Engineer.
The Network Engineer will support the Army Intelligence IT Environment Support (ARIES) program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the design, development, operation and maintenance of the components that comprise the organization's enterprise computing infrastructure. This individual acts in a supporting role to other branches across the organization to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables
What qualifications you’ll need to have:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with data center design, implementation, and operation
- Expert knowledge of Cisco ASA 5500X series firewalls
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking technologies including ACS, CUCM, Telepresence
- Working knowledge of Network Performance Monitor Tools
- Understanding of network security best practices and protocols
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Willingness to work as part of a team, both as member or as a leader.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II
- Currently possess CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Data Center certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.