Leidos has a career opportunity for a Cybersecurity Analyst in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Cybersecurity Analyst will be expected to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- This opening is for a Linux Security Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining security compliance for an Army Tactical System’s Operating Systems and related support applications.
- Provide Cybersecurity systems administrator support to measure cybersecurity compliance of the AFATDS 7 operating system and support software
- Develop and implement security mitigations to reduce the risk of non-compliant controls
- Create and compile security artifact evidence to prove security compliance (STIG checklists, configuration screenshots, etc)
- Modify Host Based Security Software (HBSS) configuration files with system-specific parameters (McAfee Application Change Control, SolidCore, Application White Listing, Antivirus Definitions, Layer 7 Firewall Configuration).
- Provide Linux Security Administration support to enterprise production systems to include monthly maintenance, patching, and disaster recovery
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess security or environment certifications (CompTIA Security+, GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator, Red Hat Certified Specialist in Security, or other Linux/Security certifications)
- Experience with Linux system administration and Linux Security Administration
- Experience with software or system vulnerability analysis reports (ACAS, STIG Viewer, and SCAP).
- Experience with Linux scripting
- Experience with SE Linux security administration
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with security evaluations (SCA-V validation, RMF self-assessment, annual FIPS compliance, etc.)
- Experience evaluating, scoring, and documenting security compliance of RMF controls, DISA CCIs, and STIG vulnerability IDs
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Prefer experience with Linux scripting
- Prefer experience with SE Linux security administration
- Prefer Experience with Endpoint Security (ENS) or Host Based Security Software.
- Prefer Experience with Static code / Dynamic code analysis.
- Prefer experience with security testing software (BurpSuite Pro, Metasploit, WireShark, Fortify, etc.)
- Prefer experience with enterprise security tools (SIEM software, ePO software, Log aggregation software, etc.)
- Prefer experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE), VMF messaging or other PMO systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.