- Administration of the functionality and efficiency of one or more databases deployed within the Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Set up database administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches.
- Deploy/Configure backup and recovery for eIT PMO databases.
- Follow approved policies, procedures and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and related software.
- Develop schedules, plans, and implementation instructions for database and system upgrades.
- Meet scheduled milestones in the Integrated Master Schedule.
- Monitor and control computer operating systems and databases. Sets up and maintains more than one type of database and computer system. Analyzes system and database faults, monitors log files, troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and databases to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed or COTS software during various phases of testing.
- Participate in the preparation and review of documentation for system testing.
- Participate in preventive maintenance of databases and operating systems, as well as repair of database and operating system problems.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules and interface with vendors for solution of trouble calls.
- Responsible for database and operating system security support such as routinely executing IA patches to be compliant with IA Controls, and resolve or document vulnerability findings.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting software support lifecycle dates for database and management software to ensure that upgrades are performed in a timely manner and all software versions in use are actively supported.
- Interact with peers on a daily basis and during weekly Engineering Review Board meetings. Requires frequent interaction with customers and/or function peer group leads and managers.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee may be required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Support all aspects of keeping products operational and available to customers.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Additional Specific Duties:
Minimum Daily Duties:
Backups/restore – Verify successful completion of database related backup jobs.
Storage – Verify that databases have sufficient free-space to operate.
Monitor – Check eIT PMO databases for security or stability issues.
Understand and be able to explain to others the Backup and Restore process
Understand and be able to explain to others the Disaster Recovery process
Track vendor releases and support dates for database software deployed by the eIT-PMO.
Develop data migration processes to support upgrades and conversions of eIT-PMO.
Review Test plans
Identify and escalate tasks that need to be completed. Report them to the Product Development and Sustainment lead if needed.
Be on hand for every scheduled downtime (unless prior arrangements are made) to support the scheduled work and troubleshoot any issues
Document system configurations.
Document Maintenance Responsibilities:
Create or update Work instructions for technical tasks.
Maintain database related process documents (SOP and/or Work Instructions).
Create and Maintain Change Requests/Change Proposals through completion.
- Must have a Masters degree in Computer Science or similar and 5+ years experience or a BS and 8+ years of experience
- CompTIA Security+ certification required.
- Position requires official Oracle training or certification.
- Experience in Microsoft server administration or administration of VMWare required.
- Experience in Oracle database administration.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Successfully complete a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation.
- Experience with XML or JSON is preferred.
- Must be a US citizen
- Understand licensing for DBMS software and manage/monitor feature usage to ensure compliance with existing license agreements.
- Understand the database software version and feature sets in use by each application eIT PMO supports.
- Understand each application and how the supporting servers communicate with each other and what VLAN the servers are in.
- Understand the location and general composition of user groups for each supported application and the potential implications of changes to network layouts and authentication mechanisms.
- Familiar with DISA STIG/SRG requirements for securing information systems.
- Familiar with the location and general structure of work instructions, test scripts, and configuration documentation for all eIT-PMO products.
- Be able to perform Regression testing (full/login-nav) for each of the eIT PMO products.
- Experience with development methodologies and toolsets is preferred.
- Experience with x509 PKI is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.