The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer Bethesda, MD
- Building and maintaining Windows 10 desktop images according to industry best practices.
- Configuring and supporting workstations and printers in a Windows networked environment.
- Support of handheld devices/Smartphones including Android and iPhone
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining necessary application integrations according to industry and vendor standards.
- Overseeing the analysis and testing of new and upgraded software, including the development and maintenance testing plan for software. Works closely with the development team to coordinate testing, piloting, deployment of software, training for customers and support team(s).
- Automating the deployment of images and applications. Ensuring desktop images are updated on a regular basis, including documentation and communicating changes.
- Troubleshooting application errors or applications not operating accurately, including isolating problems, collaborating about options, and implementing a resolution. Works with vendor as necessary to resolve escalated issues.
- Maintaining clear and detailed documentation on all Windows images and associated technologies.
- Assisting with research and development efforts for desktop virtualization
- Assisting with emerging technology research and evaluation
- Participating in the development and maintenance of Active Directory group membership, computer hardware standards, and peripheral standards.
- Implementing and maintaining workstation security to include workstation encryption, workstation firewalls, and workstation patch management.
Very importantly, this role requires the ability to apply critical thinking while troubleshooting a technical problem, expert knowledge with Windows 10, desktop and virtualization software, and desktop management tools.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide a high level of customer service and be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; engage in many projects simultaneously; follow-through and ensure issues get resolved; and have superior organizational skills.
A.A. in Computer Science or equivalent with 6 years of relevant experience or B.S. with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum experience of 4 year in a large corporate environment preferably in an Federal Government agency
- Customer support and communication skills
- Experience in supporting Mac OS systems
- Microsoft Windows server administration experience
- Previous NIH/HHS experience
Highly desired Certifications:
MCP/MCSE/MCSA, A +, Network +, Security +
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.