The Government Health and Safety solutions Operatoin is seeking a Senior GIS/.NET Developer in Bethesda, MD.
We are currently seeking a talented of Senior GIS/.NET developer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW) in Bethesda, MD. As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to administer to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, business intelligence dashboards, mobile applications, data services, and other mechanisms.
The candidate will research, design, develop and maintain an enterprise GIS system using the best industry practice and enterprise architecture.
The candidate must have a solid background and experience working with ArcGIS servers, ArcGIS Portals, deploying mapping services, configuring mapping and print servers.
The candidate must have excellent technical skills to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Minimum of Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related technical field and 8+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience).
- 8 - 10 years of experience of developing web-based mapping applications with ESRI ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS Platform and GIS database design/management;
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, Python geoprocessing scripts and similar tools, and loading the data into ArcSDE for SQL Server;
- Advanced knowledge of an enterprise geodatabase and relational database management systems including, but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcSDE, and SQL Server;
- Experience with ArcGIS server load balance/performance tuning;
- Experience with ArcGIS Portal and server administration and/or program development;
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, managing services, and publishing services;
- Advanced knowledge of using the various ArcToolbox geoprocessing tools;
- Possess a working knowledge of GIS scripting such as SQL, VB, VBA/Avenue, Python, or other language;
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based applications;
- Specific development experience with .Net Core and MVC, Bootstrap, and AngularJS;
- Experience with CMMI Level-4 processes a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required. 3 years of consecutive residency in the US is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.