The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates to oversee data management activities for medical data on an Electronic Health Record (EHR) rollout project. Lead data management activities for complex health data sets from a variety of systems and sources and work with customers and contractors to ensure data management principals are being practiced.
Provide leadership and oversight to design, develop and implement a data management framework for data systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases. Oversight of data management activities to ensure quality data is available to health care providers and analysts.
General activities may also include providing oversight and management for:
- Data Policy development
- Data Ownership
- Metadata Compilation
- Data Lifecycle Control
- Data Quality
- Data Dissemination and Syndication.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, including resource, schedule, and problem management
- 7-10 years of experience and knowledge of Data life-cycle management tasks, including data cleansing, and transformation
- Skill in communicating effectively (orally and in writing); ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with multiple partners, working teams, and organizations; and ability to manage a complex task, including short-term and long-term planning, goal and policy setting, and monitoring accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience or 15 years of prior data management experience
US Citizenship required-must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance
- Medical Data systems (Cerner, EPIC or other comparable products)
- Experience working with DoD or Federal medical data (DMIX would be a plus)
- Experience with Population Health Tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.