Leidos' has an opportunity for an Engineering Lead on the DHMSM contract in Vienna, VA.
The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of activities to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS system.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as the Engineering functional area lead. The Engineering lead will report to and take direction on activities from the LPDH Program Manager and Chief Engineer. The Engineering lead will have regular coordination with the LPDH Chief Engineer to identify and/or execute programmatic changes related to critical engineering activities across the program. The Engineering lead provides leadership of design, development and integration efforts supporting Product Improvement and Enhancement and break/fix efforts. This support is associated with systems and interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases. Technical break/fix activities led by the candidate support stabilizing system operation and ensuring suitable system performance.
The Engineering lead will develop solutions to complex technical issues associated with COTS software integration, networking, and external systems communication. Development of creative solutions that align with contractual and the requested system requirements will be key to meeting the functional objectives of the program.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance.
US Citizenship required-must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Experience in large-scale COTS integration
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.