The Mega 4 Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has an opening for a Law Clerk I to work in a downtown New York, NY office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Project Manager. Provides general litigation support for Government attorneys onsite at Department of Justice offices. Support includes significant document review effort. The candidate will also be performing legal research and database search support. Assists with case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Complete understanding of legal process and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Law degree
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Hands on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging and telecommunications.
- Bluebooking and cite checking experience.
- Prior use of legal research tools.
- Two years of litigation support experience; one year of experience in automated litigation.
- Experience working in a government legal environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Highly detail oriented individual.
- Active security clearance, preferred.
- Experience working in Relativity databases.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.