Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Service Operations Manager in St. Louis, MO. This position requires an active TS/SCI level security clearance to be considered.
The primary functions of the Deputy Service Operations Manager include:
- IT Metrics Achievement: achieve IT metrics and SLAs for delivered solutions and services
- Service Delivery: work with the PMO to establish budget, schedule, and quality objectives for delivered solutions and services
- Drive continuous improvement in solution performance, reliability, compliance, and efficiency
- Stakeholder Satisfaction: achieve high stakeholder satisfaction
- Optimization: Continually simplify IT landscape by reducing labor costs through automation
- Must possess strong communication skills to motivate and encourage large teams
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with customers
- Service Management: Responsible for delivering IT services to NGA throughout the service lifecycle within the agreed service levels. Identify service vendors, establish services and manage vendor performance
- Manage and provide visibility on the maintenance of UFS applications availability, reliability, maintainability, outage serviceability & continuity requirements against the cost justified service and operating/service level agreements for the service
- Oversee the general health of the production environments to meet mission requirements
- Oversee implementation of, and adherence to, security standards
- Ensure ongoing architectural integrity of the service throughout its lifecycle
- Ensure that all IT Service Management processes, Service Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts are appropriate for the agreed service level targets
- Delivery Management: Collaborate with other service providers
- Ensure the project success metrics are met
Qualified individuals will have experience in managing the IT operations and sustain for one or more of the following areas:
- Design solutions for Desktop Image Management
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years or prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.