The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Counter Unmanned Aviation Systems (CUAS) Policy and Procedures Specialist in support of the FAA customer.
Support the FAA System Operations Security Group in the use of National Airspace System (NAS) Policy and Procedures related to the integration, detection, and mitigation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) in the NAS.
Provide solutions to complex airspace and integration situations for NAS stakeholders.
- Support the FAA in the development of procedures and policies to test and evaluate C-UAS technologies or systems that detect and mitigate potential aviation safety risks posed by unmanned aircraft.
- Provide technical support in developing policies, procedures, or protocols that will allow appropriate officials of the FAA to utilize Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technologies or systems to take steps to detect and mitigate airspace safety risks posed by unmanned aircraft system operations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for the lack of a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Air Traffic Controller (ATC) experience preferred.
- Additional experience in Management, Traffic Management Units (TMU), Airspace and Procedures Staff time, FAA Headquarters Staff time also preferred.
- Background with UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Familiarity with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs); Military Operating Areas (MOAs; Special Airspace Activities (SAA) preferred.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.