The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking an Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) External Engagement Professional to support the FAA customer.
In this role, you will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Systems Operations Security Group in the use of Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology in the National Airspace System (NAS)
Support the FAA System Operations Security Group in the delivery and coordination of external communications to stakeholders as well as support the planning and implementation of a range of external events.
- Address a broad range of issues associated with the integration of Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) in the NAS from a security perspective.
- Create targeted content and develop an outreach plan to communicate the goals, plans, and vision of System Operations Security to a diverse audience of stakeholders, executives, airports authorities, and municipalities.
- Attend external meetings to properly document discussions concerning the operational deployment and use of Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS) and the integration of UAS into the NAS from a NAS Security perspective.
- Normally requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience in creating content for targeted and diverse audiences, with a mindset to seek how best to engage stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to convey complex topics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Background with UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Familiarity with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs); Military Operating Areas (MOAs; Special Airspace Activities (SAA) preferred.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
- Strong Networking skills and confident public speaker.
- Ability to collaborate across teams to actively contribute to the development and execution of an external communications plan.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.