The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Unmanned Aviation Systems (UAS) Emergency Exercise Professional to support the FAA customer.
Support FAA System Operations Security to implement the design, development, evaluation, and analysis of exercises specific to Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) and Unmanned Aerial Systems.
Develop and implement training exercises for emergency procedures, from tabletop to full exercise procedures.
- Prepare exercise scenarios and related documentation. Coordinate with local, state, and other Federal agencies and possibly foreign government contacts for planning and conduct for C-UAS/UAS related crisis response and emergency operations exercises.
- Prepare evaluation guidance and post-exercise evaluation reports. Other related duties as assigned
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Certification/experience with Homeland Security Emergency Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- Ability to understand the safety and security implications to the National Airspace System (NAS) of UAS and C-UAS technologies.
- Ability to understand documentation as it pertains to C-UAS.
- Typical documents include Concept of Operations/Employment; Tactics, Techniques and Procedures, Training plans, and public outreach plans.
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Experience within the aviation sector, preferably with the FAA.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and incidents that may impact deadlines unexpectedly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.