The National Solutions Operation is currently looking experienced Triage Examiners in various languages to perform media exploitation (MEDEX) and triage in support a customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Triage Examiners should be experienced in general linguist operations and Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations, and are expected to leverage language and analytical skills, as well as advanced computer systems aptitude in addressing triage examination projects. Triage team members will perform examination of electronic media for content of interest, and identify and prioritize items of importance for further processing, in accordance with customer standard operating procedures. Will also be expected to communicate effectively and provide ad-hoc notification to superiors on task progress and significant findings, and to produce a report of their findings for further dissemination to customer(s).
***Languages: Korean, Chinese (Mandarin), Farsi, Urdu and Russian
The primary responsibilities of the Triage Examiners are:
- View and process large amounts of foreign language material and identify critical items of information.
- Convert, reformat, parse, and otherwise exploit media files using customer tools to ensure compatibility and readability for translation systems.
- Prepare files and metadata for transfer to translation systems, including review of foreign-language data.
- Produce report of findings and disseminate to customer, analysts, and liaison officers.
- Prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical material.
- Must have the sufficient language skills, analytic skills, and technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (On-the-job training may be provided as needed to address customer-specific needs, with ongoing evaluations throughout train-up period).
- Two years of overall experience in linguist operations (i.e. translation, language analysis), and two years of experience performing media examination for Document and Media Exploitation projects.
- Willingness to perform occasional shift work to meet mission demands.
- Achieve a minimum score of a 3 in respective foreign language and English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
- Ability to comprehend customer prioritization requirements and apply them to files under review, as well as apply personal judgment when assessing the potential value of files and information
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
- Familiarity with report writing styles for DOD and IC consumers.
- Possess a working proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools.
- Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance.
- Current or recent SCI-level access is a significant advantage and preferred.
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and Subject Interview.
- Native-level proficiency in foreign language
- An advanced degree in one of the following fields: Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, Banking and Financing, Foreign Military, Forensics
- Past performance as a media examiner in support of DOD or IC customers.
- Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools (i.e. FTK, enCase, or similar).
- Trados Certification for Translators (Level 1)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.