Leidos is seeking a Junior Software Developer Intern who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast.
ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
SkyDataSentry is a browser-based software application for use in monitoring, managing and maintaining data for air traffic management systems to enhance problem identification, data retrieval and reporting. SkyDataSentry is utilized in nearly 100% of ERAM operational site issue analysis as well as ERAM development, integration, and test teams in lab environments. Functions include:
- Automated Analysis of System Recordings
- Automatically reducing common sets of data and present to user through web interface
- Issue scanner utilizes previously identified issues in a “signature” to automate identification and notification of reoccurrences with Problem Report cross reference mapping.
- System Health and Performance Monitoring
- Proactively Identify leading indicators to identify issues
- Instant Data Reports
- Trend Analysis
- Data Visualization
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
- Modernizing the AT control system by improving the tools used for problem identification, complex data analysis, and reporting.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
- Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
- Coordinating solutions with System Engineering
- Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs
- Developing the design for the user interface framework; analyzing and designing databases within an application
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
Demonstrated Software Development Skills/Capabilities
Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
Demonstrated ability to debug and solve problems
A Strong Desire to Learn
Work Experience in a Technical organization performing Software Engineering Tasks.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.