Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Section Manager for our Distribution Engineering Section who will lead a dynamic team of engineering consultants for electrical distribution projects.
• Lead the Section’s project engineering teams.
• Lead proposal efforts and preparation including final approval for the Section for the Power Delivery Services Division.
• Partner directly with a variety of utility clients to gain an understanding of both the scale/scope of project: from engineering design through construction support.
• The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric & gas distribution system using various software systems and construction standards.
• Develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities.
• Responsible for managing client relations, project scope creation, and project management.
• Provide ongoing sales support
• Lead the growth of the section and ensure financial profitability
• Typically requires a BS in Electrical Engineering and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
• 10+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred).
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Capability to lead all aspects of a large engineering team.
• Sales pipeline creation.
• Work effectively in team environment with the ability work also independently.
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
• Experience with complex projects in distribution design:
• Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
•Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
•Knowledge of engineering estimates, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
•Ability to travel periodically to visit with clients and to visit Leidos offices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.