Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The VDI System Engineer (SE) is responsible for architecting, planning and implementing the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure design of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are designed to adhere to organizational values, mission requirements and enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) system engineers who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears areas.
- Architects VDI hardware and software system designs in support of the program infrastructure
- Help to Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Requirements analysis, system and system of system architectures
- Provide guidance on optimization of desktops for platform interoperability and act as liaison between central technologies and endpoint support teams on issues and tasks
- Applies extensive mid-level technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
- Guides the successful completion of major intermittent sized projects and may function in a Junior project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Can Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Conducts trade studies and makes recommendations on solutions and “make buy” decisions
Qualified individuals will have some experience in designing hardware, software and interface solutions for one or more of the following areas, noted below. In addition to architecting and designing the Junior VDI Engineer will provide TIER 3/4 support to system administrators in order to resolve VDI issues:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dnamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
- Microsoft System Center
- Office 365: Exchange Online, Lync Online, OneDrive for Business
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Azure, DirSync, Azure AD Sync, or Azure Connect
- Exchange Server - 2007, 2010, or 2013
- Hyper V / VM Ware
- VDI (Microsoft or Citrix)
- Active Directory Domain/Federation/Certificate Services (ADDS)
- Windows Clustering
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Liquidware Profile Unity
- HP thin clients
- Security +
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Years of experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum TS/SCI level security clearance is required for consideration
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.