The position is required to support the implementation of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Program onto the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS). It requires an experienced analyst with strong business skills and the ability to review, analyze, test and functionally debug the software application. It also requires the analyst to consult with users and peers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program requirements and objectives. The analyst will conduct data mapping, mining, analysis, cleansing, and validation to support conversion. As needed, the analyst will develop draft business processes for property data management and documentation, to support user training, functional testing, and other activities required to facilitate customer implementation of the DPAS.
Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of hands-on functional experience, in one or more of the following business areas:
• The management of wholesale or base level inventory and/or in the configuration / operation of Inventory Management Systems and/or Warehouse Management Systems
• The Maintenance Mgmt. / Fleet Mgmt. of an organization’s equipment to include establishing Preventative Maintenance Schedules, Generation / Management of Work Orders to track the work to be performed, and management of a Dispatch operation that tracks the equipment available for issue and those items that have been issued to ensure they are returned for subsequent Re-Dispatch.
• The management (scheduling, conducting, reconciliation) of Physical Inventories for both Warehouse and Organization owned Materiel / Equipment using Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) and via Manual Count Sheets.
• The management (receiving, tracking, disposing) of an organization’s personal equipment used in the performance of their mission.
• Financial accounting and depreciation of capital equipment used in the performance of the organization’s mission and/or financial accounting for Operating Materiel and Supplies.
• The management of equipment and materiel held for issue to include the management of customer requisitions, push requisitions for the purpose of fielding a new generation of equipment, back order management, direct vendor delivery contract fulfilment method, and demand planning to include the generation and management of contract purchase requests (one time, and delivery order).
• The management of Unit and Individual Issue / Return of equipment. The type of issues could include: Clothing, Tools, Personal Protective Equipment, Weapons, Tenting, Medical Evac Equipment, etc.
Must be able to obtain and maintain secret security clearance.
• Working knowledge of Windows based Desktop/Laptop Computers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment to meet the goals and timelines established by the PM as outlined to the team.
• Ability to be flexible and work hard, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Experience in System to System Interface design and deployment
• Working knowledge of the following Microsoft Products:
o Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Azure DevOps
o SQL Server Management Studio (SQL Select)
• Working knowledge of Balsamiq Mockups
Experience in one or more of the following systems are considered a plus:
• DLMS - Defense Logistics Management Standards
• DPAS -Defense Property Accountability System
• Joint Strike Fighter Program Office Systems (ALIS, LSEMS, SAP)
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent and eight (8) years of general experience. A MIS or Supply Chain Management major is preferred, with a solid understanding of contractor supported weapon system programs, military logistics, supply chain management or equipment management. Four years of equivalent work experience can be substituted for BS degree.
Responsibilities may include:
• Performs complex evaluations of existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to management problems or contractual issues, which would require a report and recommend solutions.
• Develops work breakdown structures, prepare charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
• Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing systems development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, review of program documentation to assure government standards/requirements are adhered to, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
• Coordinates with the Project Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
• Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concepts.
• Decomposing customer requirements into quantifiable, actionable items that detail what is being requested (New functionality vs Modification of existing functionality)
• Researching current DoD policy / procedures to ensure system compliance
• Comparing the decomposed customer requirement to the existing system’s components to determine best approach for fulfilling the customer requirement.
• Developing test scripts to test the updates to the system.
• Executing test scripts and validating that the system is functioning as it should / the Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
• Maintaining status of the project requirements / timelines.
• Analyzing system processes, interrelationships, interfaces, and data, to troubleshoot issues or identify gaps in existing applications
• Recording identified bugs within a release management / configuration management tool.
• Analyzing the logistical functions of an organization, to include the entire life cycle of a product support, such as acquisition, storage, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
• Providing assistance and training to business users in the effective use of the applications and information technology.
• Writing technical procedures and documentation for the application including operational and user guides, etc.
• Participating in meetings with the development team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and reports progress on a daily basis.
• Serving as a liaison and/or facilitator between business stakeholders and the development team.
Interested candidates should prepare / submit a resume detailing their education and work experience and how to it relates to this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.